Food in Chicago is good, but restaurant week deals might be better. Starting today, the inaugural African Restaurant Week has specials and discounts.
Here are some restaurants serving up cuisines from across the African diaspora that we’re trying to hit up.
- 🇸🇳 Yassa African Restaurant in Douglas has Senegalese dishes like thiou curries and yassa shrimp, fish, and chicken.
- 🇪🇹 Ethiopian Diamond in Edgewater serves traditional stews, meat and vegetarian samplers, and homemade honey wine.
- 🇲🇦 Shokran in Irving Park has all types of Moroccan kabobs.
- 🇯🇲 Ja’ Grill Hyde Park offers Jamaican curries, jerks, and sodas.
- 🇭🇹 Kizin Creole Restaurant in West Ridge serves up traditional Haitian fare like patties and fritters. BYOB!
The promotion at restaurants across Chicagoland is through Aug. 20. Other cities are also hosting their own African Restaurant Weeks.